:: DISTRICT STATISTICAL OFFICE, WEST SINGHBHUM::
District Statistical Office in this district is functional since 1959.The first Statistical Officer had officiated from 1.04.1959 to 16.06.1960. The District Statistical Office at the district level has been given the responsibility of co-ordination of all statistical activities at the district level and of keeping liaison with the Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Jharkhand .
THE MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE OFFICE ARE >>
- Collection, compilation and reporting of primary data relating to various sectors like Agriculture, Irrigation, Price statistics and Socio-economic indicators etc. of the district.
- To conduct Socio-economic surveys as per DES guidance.
- Provides statistical information to various district offices, committees, groups and the research institutions at district level.
- Different types of surveys like Economic Census, Agriculture Census, Minor Irrigation Survey etc. are undertaken by this organization from time to time to bridge the data gap in various sectors for planning purpose
- Birth Certificates in the district are issued by the Local Bodies namely Medical College Hospital, Sadar Hospital, Sub divisional Hospital, Nagar Nigam, Municipality, Referral Hospital, PHC, Panchayat and Cantonment Board, within 7 days from the date of receipt of prescribe application form from the applicant. After one month to maximum one year of the event an affidavit may be asked by the authority as per the situation.
CONCERNED AUTHORITIES IN DISTRICT AND IN THE DOWN LINE >>
- District Statistical Officer-cum-Additional District Registrar (Birth & Death)
- Civil Surgeon-cum-Additional District Registrar (Birth & Death)
- Block Development Officer-cum-Additional District Registrar (Birth & Death)
OPERATIONAL REGISTRARS >>
- Gram Panchayat Sewek-cum-Registrar (Birth & Death)-- Concerned Gram Panchayat areas.
- Medical officer-cum-Registrar (Birth & Death)-- Concerned Municipal Corporation
- Medical officer/ Executive officer/ Special officer/ Chairman/ Deputy Chairman-- Concerned Registrar of Municipality/N.A.C
- Deputy Superintendent-cum-Registrar (Birth & Death)-- Concerned Medical College Hospital
- Sub divisional Hospital, Medical Officer In-charge-- Concerned Referral Hospital
- All Medical Officer In-charge of P.H.Cs and Additional P.H.Cs.
TOP >> << BACK