:: DISRTICT SERICULTURE OFFICE, WEST SINGHBHUM ::
Assistant Director Industries (Silk) is the administrative head of the district office. The department looks after the silk production and training in the district. Number of Pilot Project Centres are functioning in the district to achieve the desired goal.
Schemes under West Singhbhum silk sector >>
- Pilot Project Centre, Bharbhariya
- Pilot Project Centre, Hatramaria
- Pilot Project Centre, Debarasai
- Pilot Project Centre, Naomundi
- Pilot Project Centre, Chakardharpur
- Pilot Project Centre, Goilkera
- Pilot Project Centre, Bandgaon
- Pilot Project Centre, Manoharpur
Training & Skill development plays an important role for development of sericulture. 45 Matriculate youths have been given one year certificate course training at Jharkhand Silk Technical Development Institute, Chaibasa for self employment generation.
Women in Silk production Kendra Bharbhariya, Chakardharpur and Jagannathpur are trained to grow mulberry and raise the silk cocoons at Sulabh Kendra. The women are also involved in production of Tasar fiber. The produced Tasar fibers are purchased at reasonable price by Jharcraft, Ranchi.TOP >> << BACK