:: Secondary Education, WEST SINGHBHUM ::
Human Resources Development Department, West Singhbhum, Chaibasa >>
Address :- District Education Office,
Post Office Chowk, Bara Nimdih,
West Singhbhum, Chaibasa
E-mail :- deo[dot]chaibasa[at]gmail[dot]com
Phone No. :- 06582-258182
Fax No. :- 06582-255325
Brief Description of the Department >>
There are following three wings in the Human Resource Development Department >>
- Higher Education
- Secondary Education
- Primary Education
In the Secondary Education Section, District Education Officer is the Head of Department. in the District Level Education System, Functions of District Education Officer are three fold :-
- Administration (which are following )
- Responsible for the efficient inspection of all recognised educational institutions except colleges and research institutes.
- To inspect all Government and non-Government High/plus two, Basic Schools, Primary Teacher Training School.
- To inspect the offices of all educational officers immediately subordinate and also to inspect that officers are efficiently managed and the inspection and supervision work of these offices are thorough
- Responsible for seeing that the departmental regulations and curriculum are strictly followed, the accounts correctly kept and discipline properly maintained in all the instutions and officers under the control.
- Responsible for recommend to the Director for the construction of or alteration to buildings, requirement of staff and the provision of additional school materials and equipments.
- To recommend for grants to recognised aided school and other institutions.
- Responsible for conduct departmental examinations, Secondary Examination /Madarsa/Sanskrit/Inter and others school level examinations.
- To conducts various type of scholarships examination.
- Responsible for the collection of statistics for annual returns.
- To conduct monthly meeting/conference of Headmaster of all type of High School.
- To manage for distribution of registration and examination forms for Secondary Examination Netarhat/J.N.V. and Indira Gandhi residential School etc.
- To must supply the Deputy Commissioner with whatever information or assistance the latter may require in connection with the work of education in the district should remain in close touch with the District Officer and Seek guidance and assistance especially in the administrative field.
- To organized district level Science Seminar, Science Exhibition, Science congress, sports- indoor and outdoor time to time.
- To make appointment of all classes of the iii & IVth Grade postsin the HighSchools.
- To grant leave or extension of leave under the administrative control and State Subsidised High School.
- To withheld increment of pay in the case of officer of the lower subordinate Service, Ministerial Service and class IVth Grade Govt. Servant under the control.
- To grant pension and Death-cum-retirement gratuity to Retire Teachers of Govt. High and plus two School as well as ministerial staffs of the office
- To disposes of petition of appeals received from parents and guardians of pupils against school.
- To countersign Bills of all officers immediately subordinate under control and other Govt. High School, Where necessary.
- To grant permission for joining newly appointment assistant Teachers.
Government Scheme Working Under the Department >>
- To distribute bicycle to VIIIth Std. Girls students (General).
- National means-cum-merit scholarship scheme examination.
- National merit scholarship scheme examination.
- State merit scholarship scheme examination.
- State poverty-cum- merit scholarship examination.
- Building construction and repairing of school building.
- Openig Model Schools in the district.
FRAME WORK FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF RASHTRIYA MADHYAMIK SHIKSHA ABHIYAN, WEST SINGHBHUM, CHAIBASA >>
A SCHEME FOR UNIVERSLISATION OF ACCESS TO AND IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY AT THE SECONDARY STAGE ::
Secondary Education is a crucial stage in the educational hierarchy as it prepares the students for higher education and also for the world of work. Classes IX & X constitute the secondary stage, whereas XI & XII are designated as the higher secondary stage. The normal age group of the children in secondary classes is 14-16 whereas it is 16-18 for higher secondary classes. The rigor of the secondary for higher secondary stage, enable Indian students to compete successfully for education and for jobs globally. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to strengthen this stage by providing greater access and also by improving quality in a significant way.
The vision for secondary education is to make good quality education available, accessible and affordable to all young persons in the age group of 14-18 years. With this vision in mind, the following is to be achieved.
- To provide a secondary school within a reasonable distance of nay habitation which should be 5 kilometer for secondary schools and 7-10 kilometers for higher secondary schools.
- Ensure universal access of secondary education by 2017 (GER of 100%), and
- Universal retention by 2020
- Providing access to secondary education with special references to economically weaker sections of the society, the educationally backward, the girls and the disabled children residing in rural areas and other marginalized categories like SC, ST, OBC and Educationally Backward Minorities .
Goal and Objectives >>
- To ensure that all secondary schools have physical facilities, staffs and supplies at least according to the prescribed standards through financial support is case of Government/ Local Body and Government aided Schools and appropriate regulatory mechanism in the case of other schools.
- To improve access to secondary schooling to all young persons according to norms – through proximate location (say, Secondary Schools within 5kms, and Higher Secondary Schools within 7-10kms) efficient and safe transport arrangement/residential facilities, dispending on local circumstance including open schooling However in hilly and difficult areas, these norms can be relaxed. Preferably residential Schools may be set up in such areas.
- To ensure that no child is deprived of secondary education of satisfactory quality due to gender, socio-economic, disability and other barriers.
- To improve quality of secondary education resulting in enhanced intellectual, social and culture learning.
- To ensure that all students pursing secondary education receive education of good quality.
- Achievement of the above objective would also, inter-alia; signify substantial progress in the direction of the Common School System.
- Expansion/Strategy of existing Secondary Schools & Higher Secondary Schools shift in existing schools.
- Up gradation of Upper Primary Schools based on micro planning exercise with all necessary infrastructure facilities and teachers. Ashram Schools will be given preference while upgrading upper primary schools
- Up gradation of Secondary Schools in Higher Secondary Schools based upon the equirements.
- Opening of new Secondary Schools/Higher Secondary Schools in un served areas based on the school mapping exercise. All these buildings will have mandatory water harvesting system and will be disabled friendly.
- Rain harvesting systems will be installed in existing school buildings also
- Existing school buildings will also be made disabled friendly.
- New schools will also be set up in PPP Mode.
- Providing required infrastructure like, Black Board, Furniture, Libraries, Science and Mathematics laboratories, Computer labs, toilet cluster.
- Appointment of additional teachers and in-service training of teachers.
- Bridge course for enhancing learning ability for students passing out of class VIII.
- Reviewing curriculum to meet the NCF,2005 norms.
- Residential accommodation for teachers in rural and difficult hilly areas Preference will be given to accommodation for female teachers.
- Free lodging/boarding facilities for students belonging to SC,ST,OBC and Minority communities.
- Hostel/ residential schools, cash incentive, uniform, books, separate toilets for girls.
- Providing scholarships to meritorious/needy students at secondary level.
- Inclusive education will be the hallmark of all the activities. Efforts will be made to provide all necessary facilities for the differently abled children in all the schools.
- Expansion of open and Distance Learning needs to be undertaken especially for those who can not pursue full time secondary education, and for supplementation/ enrichment of face-to-face instruction. This system will also play a crucial role for education of out of school children.
Institutional Reforms and Strengthening of Resource Institutions >>
- Reforms in school governance- Improve schools performance by decentralizing their, management and accountability.
- Adopting a rational policy of teacher recruitment, deployment, training, remuneration and career advancement.
- Undertaking reforms in educational administration including modernization/ e-governance and d elegation /de-centralization.
- Provision of necessary professional and academic inputs in the secondary education system at all levels, i.e.; from the school level upwards
- Streamlining financial procedures for speedy flow of funds and their optimal utilization.
- Necessary strengthening of resource institutions at, various levels