:: DISTRICT PLANNING OFFICE, WEST SINGHBHUM ::
The District Planning Office in West Singhbhum district is functional since 1986. District Planning Officer is the administrative head of the District Office and one can make contact with him by calling at 06582-256620.
Some of the major objective of the District Unit are >>
- To function as a Nodal agency for preparation of the District plan in the spirit of the concept of decentralized planning.
- To ensure co-ordination among all the District heads of Development Departments in the formulation and implementation of plan schemes.
- To monitor the implementation of various plan schemes in the districts in general, to identify the limiting factors in the implementation of plan schemes and to place the matter before the District Planning Boards and State Government with specific suggestions for ensuring speedy and efficient implementation of plan schemes.
After the Panchayati Raj Institutions became a reality in the state, the process of planning at all the three levels of the Panchayati Raj System gained momentum.
The district Planning Unit, apart from other activities, functions as a nodal office for implementation of the following development schemes of the Govt. of Jharkhand executed in the district.
Schemes /Programme under the Planning Department >>
Integrated Action plan (IAP)
The IAP programme was started in 60 LWE district with a view to supplementing the ongoing developmental efforts in the district and bridging the resource gap. In Chaibasa district the program me got started from 29th Jan 2011.A committee headed by district collector and consisting of superintendent of police of the district and District forest officer will be responsible for the implementation of the schemes.
The committee shall draw up a plan consisting of concrete proposal for public infrastructure and services such as school building, Aganwadi buildings, village health sub centre, Village road, Drinking water, Electricity in public places such as PHC's and schools etc.
Fund flow mechanism >>
Fund will be released to the consolidated Fund of the state government .State government will release the funds directly into the bank account opened for this purpose by the district collector.
Release of fund >>
A block grant of Rs 25 crores has been released to the district in the financial yr 2010-11 in one installment However a block grant of Rs 30 crores for the year 2011-12 will be released in 2 installment of Rs 20 crores and Rs 10 crores. The second installment will be released on the receipt of the Audit report and utilization certificate for block grant of Rs 20 crores for the year 2010-11.
Audit of works >>
Regular physical and financial audit shall be carried out at the end of the financial year.
Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF) >>
The Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) is designed to redress imbalances in development. The Fund will provide financial resources for supplementing and converging existing development inflows into the identified district.
BRGF programme started in the district 2007 -08 yr but the actual implementation of the program me started in 2008 -09.
The objective of this programme are :
- Bridge critical gaps in local infrastructure and other development requirements that are not met through the existing inflows.
- Provide professional support to local bodies for planning , implementation and monitoring their plans.
- Strengthen the Panchayat and Municipal level governance with appropriate capacity building to facilitate participatory planning, implementation and monitoring to reflect the local felt needs.
- Improve the performance and delivery of critical functions assigned to panchayat and counter possible efficiency and equity losses on account of inadequate local capacity.
GO TO TOP >> << BACK