:: DISTRICT DAIRY DEVELOPMENT OFFICE, WEST SINGHBHUM ::
District Dairy Development Office in the West Singhbhum district is functioning under the Directorate, Dairy Development of Animal Husbandry & Fisheries Department of of Government of Jharkhand. District Dairy Development Officer is the administrative head of this office. The office functions through Dairy development Centers BAIF, Infertility Prevention Camps and Artificial Insemination centers working at Chaibasa, Chakradharpur, Sonua, Jagannathpur, Jaintgarh, Balandia, Manoharpur, Tonto, Manjhari, Goilkera, Kumardungi, and Hatgamharia.
MAJOR OBJECTIVS OF THE DAIRY DEVELOPMENT ARE ::
- To generate sustainable employment and continued benefits for the rural families .
- Boost up the milk production to meet the requirement of the state.
- Creation of awareness amongst milk producers, training of staff dealing with extension
- Assure a remunerative price for the milk products by the milk producers solicits through a stable steady and well organized market support
- Distribution of quality milk and milk products at reasonable prices to the consumer
STATE SPONSORE SCHEMES ::
TECHNICAL INPUT PROGRAMME >>
This was a scheme for providing infrastructural facilities to Dairy Cooperative Societies (DCS), such as procurement and testing arrangements, establishment of Dairy Cattle Development Centers with the help of BAIF Development Research Foundation, Pune, demonstration of green fodder production, subsidy on balanced cattle feed, distribution of mineral feed supplement and by-pass Protein, distribution of hygiene kit for Clean Milk Production, vaccination & deworming of dairy cattle distribution of Urea Molasses bricks and organization of sterility-cum deworming camps for dairy cattle.
DISTRIBUTION OF MILCH CATTLE >>
In this scheme, members of the DCS, are given 2 milch cattle of improving breed in cluster manner, with average yield of 10-12 literes of milk per day. 50% of the Cost is made available as bank Loan and 50 % as subsidy by Government.
MINI DAIRY >>
Under this scheme, the progressive farmers and unemployed youths of rural area are given 5 improve milk cattle. A sum of Rs.30,000/- is given as assistance by the Government, against the total estimated project cost of Rs.1,40,000/- out of which Rs.18,000/- is given subsidy and seed money of Rs.12,000/- as interest free loan. For SC/ST beneficiaries, this seed money is also given subsidy.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING >>
It is felt that the training of milk producers and the staff dealing with extention was paramount for success of the Dairy Development programmes. Therefore, it is proposed to train the milk producers and Dairy personnel and rural unemployed educated youth in the practice of high yielding cattle management, modern techniques of dairy farming, milk testing society management, clean and hygienic milk production, and dairy paridarshan.
WORKING CAPITAL TO MILK UNION >>
Milk produced in rural areas is being produced by DCS and thereafter, transportation of produced milk to chilling centers, processing and marketing of milk is managed and controlled by the District Cooperative Milk Union. Some of the produced milk is sold on cash payment and some on credit to the different institutions. Payment to producers is made on weekly basis. Whereas the cost of milk sold is received fortnightly and monthly. To maintain the system of regular payment to milk producers and purchase of bulk feed, fodder and other expenditure, working capitals required for smooth and prompt functioning of District Cooperative Milk Union.
SCHEME FOR MAINTENANCE AND RUNNING OF CHILLING CENTRE >>
Under this scheme, initially the day expenditure of milk chilling center, like expense on chemicals, detergents, gas, fuel, diesel, mobil, spares, purchase of milk cans and headload payment for transportation of milk from society to milk chilling centers is given as assistance to enable the chilling centre to break even during the first three years and thereafter the chilling centre is expected to run with its own resources.
MILK YEILD COMPETITION AT SOCIETY LEVEL >>
Under this, to encourage the milk producers, milk Yield Competition at Society level is organized, and the 1st five high yielding milch cattle is given prize. Sale of Cattle Feed at Subsidized Rate Under this scheme Rs.1/- per Kg. of subsidy is given on sale of cattle feed to rural milk producers through society, with a view to healthy maintenance of milch cattle and to enhance the milk productivity.
ESTABLISHMENT OF COMMERCIAL DAIRY >>
Under this scheme progressive farmers and youth entrepreneur will be given 20 milch animals unit of Commercial Dairy. In this scheme 10 cross breed milch cattle and 10 improved buffalo will be given with a view to sell of milk as well as to sell milch cattle especially under government sponsored programme.
GOKUL GRAM VIKAS YOJNA >>
Under this scheme, each village will be developed as Gokul Nagar. Under this infrastructure, basic amenities like community Building, common cattle shed, Drinking water for vermin compost by cow dung, Training and awareness programme is proposed.
:: MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE OFFICE ARE ::
- Distribution of Milch Cattle under subsidy and bank loan scheme 2,5,10,20 and 50 Milch Cattle Scheme through BAIF.
- Cattle Health and Breed Improvement through BAIF..
- Heifer Rearing, Insurance and Increasing in productivity through BAIF.
- Green fodder production and grass land development programme through BAIF.
- Programme for Distribution of feed supplement and other inputs through BAIF.
- Sell of Balanced Cattle fodder under subsidized rate through BAIF.
- Facilitating sell of Milk in the Village level under Gokul Gram Vikas Yojna.
- Publicity regarding Dairy Development and Training.
Citizens interested in Dairy Development may contact this office for the following purposes ::
- Application to purchase Milch Cattle through Bank loan cum Subsidized rates.
- Training on dairy development.
- Information related to green fodder production, subsidy on balanced cattle feed, distribution of mineral feed supplement and by-pass Protein, distribution of hygiene kit for Clean Milk Production, vaccination & de-worming of dairy cattle distribution of Urea Molasses bricks and organization of sterility-cum de-worming camps for dairy cattle.
- Any problem related to dairy and cattle.